Sunday, July 19, 2009

Doorknob of the Month

I'm hoping to have this as a regular feature on our blog. Now, there's probably enough material out there to make it a daily feature but that would take focus away from the blog's original purpose.

Heather and I, along with her parents and my mom, went on another location scouting mission to Waterloo Park after supper. We managed to pick a couple of spots that we think would be perfect for wedding pictures.

As we approached the park, I noticed an unusual flow of traffic in the parking area. Normally, the flow would resemble a one-way roundabout with parking on sides. Today, however, a few cars were going in the wrong direction.

We found a parking spot and decided to more closely assess the situation. It turns out that somebody left their car (red in the diagram below) in neutral and it rolled back out of its parking spot, in the process blocking the one way out of the parking lot. It's days like these that make me want to have a camera with me at all times. Unfortunately, today I didn't.

Jim and I, along with a couple of other guys, quickly pushed the car back in its spot to restore order and secured it with a couple of rocks from the nearby railway tracks. We then all continued to explore Waterloo Park.

When we got back to the parking lot, the misplaced car was gone but its owner deserves to be the Doorknob of the Month.

An overview of the situation encountered at Waterloo Park.

2 comments:

  1. Your Doorknob of the Month post reminds me of The Darwin Awards. The owner was silly not to put his car in park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People's stupidity knows no bounds and I just happened to be there to capture it and share it with a wider audience.

    ReplyDelete