Thursday, June 2, 2016

MiLB logo baseballs

In 2012, my employer went through a long process of testing an accounting software with the goal of implementing it company-wide later in the year.  I was chosen to be part of the team that would be doing the testing.

Testing was done at the company's HQ in Horsham, PA.  Altogether, I spent 14 weeks there having accumulated 11 round-trip flights between Toronto and Newark.  Fast forward to 2016 and the company still hasn't made the switch to the new software.

Anyways, having lots of free time in the evenings allowed for a lot of sight seeing around Philadelphia, shopping and baseball games.  During one six-week stretch I attended six games in different minor league parks that were located within a short driving distance from my hotel in Willow Grove.  I left each game with souvenirs that included baseballs with team logos and t-shirts etc.

In the four years since I've managed to only acquire two more baseballs via family members (Lansing and Asheville) and one in person (Buffalo).  That's 9 down, 160+ to go.  I've never thought to seriously pursue this more mainly because majority of teams do not ship to Canada and if they do, the cost would be unreasonable.

Below the photo is a complete list of what I own (listed by state).

Wilmington BlueRocks (5/22/12)

Aberdeen IronBirds (6/22/12)

Lansing Lugnuts

Lakewood BlueClaws (6/25/12)
Trenton Thunder (5/31/12)

Buffalo Bisons (5/17/15)

Asheville Tourists

Lehigh Valley IronPigs (5/16/12)
Reading Phillies (5/15/12)

Friday, September 19, 2014

Motorcycle Accident

Here are a few photos of the damage.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It's a boy!

He was 13 days late but he is finally here!

Name: Jasper James
DOB: March 5, 2014
TOB: 5:22 am
Weight: 7lb 12oz
Length: 55cm
Location: Stratford General Hospital, Stratford, ON

Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Football Field Project

12/7/2013 - It started with a plan which was changed and updated numerous times during the process

12/7/2013 - The blank wall

12/7/2013 - First taping session to outline the field

12/7/2013 - More tape on the field

12/7/2013 - Half the field is painted

12/7/2013 - First end zone is also done

12/7/2013 - Tape from the field is removed

12/7/2013 - Several meters of tape later, remainder of the field is painted including the second end zone

12/7/2013 - End of the project on Day 1

12/9/2013 - Field is covered with a drop cloth

12/9/2013 - The wall around the field is painted

12/9/2013 - Project at end of Day 2

12/21/2013 - For the name, Batman Forever font size 409 was used.  Letters were printed on a plain piece of paper, cut out, attached to the wall and tape was placed around each letter.

12/21/2013 - USEFUL TIP: Use a font with as few round edges as possible to make the cutting easier

12/21/13 - The last bit of the original gray wall is surrounded by tape

12/21/2013 - Taping is finished for the day

12/21/2013 - First time using white paint

12/21/2013 - Another day closer to finishing

1/31/2014 - Six more rolls of tape

1/31/2014 - Half a gallon more of white paint

1/31/2014 - White lines painted to separate the green 10-yard sections

2/1/2014 - Placed a piece of tape on plastic

2/1/2014 - Measured out hash marks

2/1/2014 - Used a box cutter to cut out hash marks

2/1/2014 - Moved tape from plastic to wall, repeated process 39 more times

2/5/2014 - Painted hash marks

2/5/2014 - Hardest part is over

2/8/2014 - For the numbers, Batman Forever font size 136 was used

2/8/2014 - Again, all numbers were printed

2/8/2014 - The same process of tape over plastic was used as with the hash marks

2/8/2014 - Numbers were affixed to the tape

2/8/2014 - Box cutter was used to create stencil

2/8/2014 - Both digits had enough space in between for a white line to fit through

2/8/2014 - Tape was moved from plastic to wall

2/9/2014 - All numbers are on the field

2/9/2014 - Numbers are painted

2/9/2014 - One more step to go

2/9/2014 - One more roll of tape to outline arrows

2/9/2014 - One final splash of paint

2/9/2014 - Finally finished