Saturday, July 25, 2009

Communication Upgrade

Since Heather had other commitments today, I drove back to Toronto this morning to visit RadioWorld. The purpose of the visit was to either repair our current motorcycle communication system or upgrade to new one. Our current system hasn't been working properly for a few weeks now and it was getting frustrating not being able to hear Heather talking to me while we were out riding. We thought the problem was somewhere in her microphone because she was able to hear me during rides.

Once I got to Toronto, I took a few minutes and decided that it'd be best to upgrade to a new system. I chose Scala Rider Q2 from Cardo Wireless. It's one of the more popular motorcycle communication systems currently in the market and it has many advantages over our old system.

It comes Bluetooth equipped with the ability to connect to a third person, a cellphone or a GPS. It also features a connection to an MP3 player and a built-in FM radio. The FM radio should definitely make our future rides more interesting and enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. Bob has been using Scala Rider Solo since April last year. The Solo version has allowed us to communicate while Bob is riding the motorcycle and I am driving the car. We've been able to communicate, too, while he is riding and I am home or elsewhere. Now that I am riding WITH Bob more, we're going to purchase a Scala Rider for my helmet. In fact we have stopped at a few motorcycle shops over the past week to see if they have any in stock. No luck. So we will be purchasing my Scala Rider on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought the Scala Rider Teamset last night. We ordered the communication system on the Internet. We hope to receive it by Friday, so we have it for our next ride. We hope to ride to Pittsburgh on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete