Sunday, July 25, 2010

Soccer Season Wrap-up

My second season of coaching house league soccer came to an end today as my U-15 girls team bowed out in semifinals. We reached semifinals by finishing fourth in an 8-team round robin consisting of four games. The girls gave their all in all the games which included a game on Wednesday, Friday and two on Saturday. Sunday morning's game was also very hard fought but unfortunately our opponent scored the game's only goal late in the second half.

My team, however, was still rewarded with a medal for reaching semifinals. I also bought all 14 of my girls a gift card to Marble Slab for a cone of ice cream. Thank you Brooke, Michelle, Katherine, Leah, Heather, Isabelle, Melissa, Megan, Carly, Danielle, Jamie, Kayla, Emily and Stephanie for a wonderful season.

Heather was unable to attend any of the games as she left Friday morning for Sault Ste. Marie to attend her grandmother's memorial. I should have been there too, but I couldn't keep track of all my commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment