Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dress Shopping...for the Wedding.

YAY! It feels like we are finally making a bit of progress with the wedding plans despite both Tom's and my hectic schedules as of late.

This morning started out bright and early for myself, my mom, and the four ladies in our wedding party - Kim, Erin, Justyna, and Agnes.

We headed for our appointment at Taylor's Bridal - it was set for 9:00 am until 10:30 am. We all arrived just before the store opened and once inside were immediately set up with one of the wonderful consultants for looking at and trying on dresses.

Everyone was pretty much initially convinced that the dress chosen would be a shorter style - but after several dresses were tried on, it was suggested that a floor length dress be considered. Sure enough - the chosen dress is a beautiful floor length dress. Everyone will look great in the chosen dress!

Everyone got sized and placed their down payments on the dress - we were finished far sooner than expected. And we only visited the one store! My mom even had time to find a dress for herself which I know she is quite relieved about.

Since Agnes has lent me her crinoline to be worn with my dress I was hoping that the store would allow me the opportunity to try on the sample of my wedding dress with the crinoline.

Since we had completed the bridesmaid dress shopping with time to spare - the consultants made my day in allowing me to try on the dress. Its as beautiful as I remember and I think the crinoline will work wonderfully with the dress. Now I just have to wait for my actual dress to arrive in a couple of months :).

With shopping completed just after 11:30 am - we all headed over to the Black Forest Inn where we met up with Tom, my dad, and Erin's husband Darryl for brunch. Great food as always!

The day was super productive and for that I am very happy. The staff at Taylor's are simply the nicest and most helpful people and I am very glad that my dress, the bridesmaids dresses, and my mom's dress were all purchased here...they have made the process to this point very enjoyable and stress free.

Erin, Kim, Heather, Agnes, Justyna, Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment