Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Grand River Raceway

In addition to rides, the Waterloo Wings also organize a variety of off-season functions for members to gather.  One of those was today's trip to Grand River Raceway in Elora.  The night included a buffet plus a full card of horse racing.  I've never been to horse racing so I took every advantage of this opportunity.  Heather and I made small bets on a few early races and even saw some returns.  One of the races was named after our group and some of us got a chance to have a photo taken with the winner.

After eating some of the club members began leaving while the rest of us went to the slots to use up our vouchers.  Trying to be smart, I used my two vouchers to only spin once and left with money in my pocket.  Adding the cost of food and horse racing bets, I managed to break even.  Not a bad night.


No comments:

Post a Comment